Second Reflection

A. Discuss the difference between online educational content and openly licensed educational content
Openly licensed educational content is educational resources that are free to use, reuse, modify and share with others. Also, it is not necessarily digital. On the other hand, online educational content is completely digital resources such as videos, audios, images, and texts. Online educational content is not always free, which is a big difference than openly licenses educational content.

B. Find an open educational resources (OER) and present it on your portfolio, either by linking, embedding, or by including a screenshot

Source: Polyphonic.

C. Review the OER using the evaluation guide found in the tutorial, provide a brief comment on this process in your post

This source created by Polyphonic is a good example of an openly licensed educational content. The information is sort of an introduction or guidance to the importance of a legendary rock band’s drummer, John Bonham. Even though the information is not peer-reviewed, the information sounds accurate considering it’s quite a common assessment to John Bonham’s capability as a drummer. There are no spelling errors or typos. The information is easily understandable, even though I doubt someone who has no knowledge in reading music scores would understand the content of this video fully. I think it was a very easy layout and interface since it immediately let the audience listen to the part of John Bonham’s playing accordingly. The video quality is 1080p, which is high enough. Since it was video content, I don’t think it is convertible to other types of formats. One problem was that it only provided a French subtitle, not an English one. This content does not encourage students to participate or test their understandings and I don’t have any means to add that to this content unless I republish it with a following set of quizzes embedded to the video. The license of this video fully allows educational reuse of the materials. I could modify the materials by adding embedded quizzes to test the viewers’ level of understanding.

D. Discuss how you might use OER in your own life or professional work.

I was really inspired to use OER in my professional work because a part of my work is to find a public, free source of information. I build an manage a database regarding corporate mergers and acquisitions and asset acquisitions and divestitures in the energy market, and since our work is regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission we should always link our data to legit and free sources. I could use the same technique to find OER for our data compliance and integrity.